This information is an add-on to my previous post on antibiotics (Link)
When penicillin was discovered, it was as a rogue contaminant in a petri dish containing bacterial samples. The fungus (as it turned out) landed in the petri dish and began to do what fungi like to – it made itself at home. In doing so, it excreted a toxin, creating a circle around itself which suited its needs, and in doing so, it killed off the bacteria around itself. This was the first time this had been seen, and it gave an idea that this fungus could produce a medicine and save lives.
Indeed there’s no doubt that early antibiotics were miraculous, but what is forgotten is that there is a price to pay for their over-use. Fungal infections become common, and are deep seated. Why?
Well we are told that antibiotics only contain the toxins produced by fungi, not the fungi themselves. This is probably true today, although I doubt they were able to separate the two in the early days of antibiotic treatment.
It’s the action of the toxin which causes the problem. The toxin is designed to make a healthy environment for the fungus, not you!
The more of the toxin you have in your body, the more likely it is that, yes, bacteria will be killed, but also that you become a ‘good host’ to any fungi that happen to like that toxin.
As you take in the toxin from the drug, fungi can flourish, and of course this can have a serious long term effect on your health.
Something to bear in mind when thinking of taking them! It’s wise to consider all alternatives, if possible, to avoid unneccessary use of antibiotics.
God Bless you